Neil Curran Presents: You’re Doing it Wrong!
Saturday 27th October 2018 10am – 12pm
Blue Orange Theatre
We know what we have to do to be the best improvisers we can be, right? Yes and, Listen and support our partner? But what if we feel our stage partners aren’t doing the same? What if our stage partner is new to improv? What if we get up in our head?
In this workshop we focus on all the things were not supposed to do in improv and playing stronger as a result. We will develop solid emotional connections with our partners, even if they don’t realise it. At the end of this workshop participants will feel more confident with performing with inexperienced performers (or even non-improvisers) as well as coping on stage when we feel things aren’t going as well as they could be.
* To be able to turn difficult scenes into opportunities filled with gifts
* To play more confidently with improvisers of any level
* To be able to better handle blocking and status battles
* To better understand what is meant by there being no wrong way to improvise
* Ability to diagnose when scenes don’t seem to be working
* Experienced improvisers can learn to break habits
* To have fun no matter what!